Saturday 17 April 2010

How do you eat yours?


One week on from my inauguration post and I'm feeling good. I reckon I've kept about 90% raw and I'm enjoying the effects.

I have eaten rather a lot of nuts and they were not strictly raw but it helped me keep off processed food so as an interim measure it was successful.

My weight has dropped (and by heck it needs to) and I'm feeling much more optimistic.

The big change this week is that I have switched to decaffeinated tea. Eventually I will move to herbal infusions and then just water but there is the psychological aspect to overcome so I will do this in gentle stages.

My optimistic mood is partly due to the weather and partly the Icelandic volcano. I have spent most of the day in the garden. It has been unusually quiet as I am near the flight path into Luton airport. I have missed this connection with nature over the past few months.

The garden keeps me in touch with the seasons and with how we should live our lives.

But on to the subject of this post. I include a good proportion of fruit in my diet. One item I buy regularly is the grapefruit. I eat one on most of my lunches on working days. It is a source of amusement to my secretary and work colleague. Apparently the norm is to to eat half of the fruit using a spoon. I treat it just the same as an orange and peel it and eat it whole.

So, how do you eat your grapefruit?

1 comment:

  1. Like your good self one prefers grapefruit 'Au natural' I peel it first and tuck in(I love the Florida pink variety:)!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete