Wednesday 31 August 2011

Tomato soup

Sorry I've no picture of this. I was in a hurry and this is a quick recipe. Very simple to make.

I used three large tomatoes, a stalk of celery, half a red pepper (bell pepper) the juice of half a lemon, a dash of cayenne and a sprinkling of cumin.

This was all put straight into the blender, mixed to a nice consistency and poured into a soup bowl. I'd eaten it before I thought of getting my camera.

This is the first raw soup I've tried. I've always thought of soup as a hot meal and did wonder what this would be like. I knew I could heat it if I didn't like it but there was no need. The fresh ingredients made this very tasty.

Next I will probably try a sort of lasagna with courgettes. If I remember to get the remaining ingredients, that is.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds easy. I've got lots of homegrown tomatoes, so might give it a try. Previously the only raw soups I've made have been fruit ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was easy - except that my blender started to leak. A plastic ring inside has split.

    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete